Eastpackers is loooking for volunteers who would like to spend 2 weeks in the sumnmer of 2021 in Galicia, Spain! Placements are available at different dates between 15 June and 15 September 2021.
- The project consists of different shifts of volunteers, staying in Ferrol (Northern Spain) for 15 days. It is not possible to stay for a shorter or longer time.
- Each of the shifts is going to be focus on one of the following objectives:
- Unlittering nature. Cleaning beaches and forests from litter, specially plastic (3 volunteers)
- Fighting invaders. Removing invader exotic plants and protect local plant species in danger (3 volunteers)
- Constructing a forest. Planting a tiny fast forests using Miyawaki technique (3 volunteers)
- Spreading the message. Organising an creative exhibition to raise environmental awareness (3 volunteers)
- We plan the projects to take place in between 15th June and 15th September. Depending of the development of the pandemic and it’s restrictions these dates may be postponed. Still our intention is to organise the activities during student’s holidays.
- We expect participants from 18 till 30 with strong motivation on the topic of nature, conservations, environmental awareness and a fluent/good level on English and/or Spanish. 3 vacancies per country are reserved for youngsters with fewer opportunities. For the activities regarding awareness raising and organizing an exhibition, previous experience in media, arts or communication would be perfect.
NOTE: This is a so called ‘Short Term ESC’, this means that you are still able to do a long term ESC (2 month – 12 month) after this project. However, if you already completed a long term ESC, you cannot participate in this opportunity.