Volunteers who would like to go to the far east of Europe now have the change to volunteer in mystical Georgia.
Caucasus Youth Nexus carries out Erasmus + related projects, such as training courses or youth exchanges and seminars. Every year about one hundred youth leaders and youth-workers are coming to Georgia to attend our projects. At the same time, we carry out projects regarding the topic of Social Entrepreneurship, where we help young leaders and youth workers combat unemployment through obtaining useful skills and competences about youth-lead social enterprises. In addition, we run youth project “Youth Reflex 2.0” in the different parts and regions of Georgia. The aim of Youth Reflex 2.0 is to activate and empower youngsters and strengthen their ability to contribute to their respective societies and communities.
We run club of “MasterPeace Georgia” which was founded in 2013 and has carried out plenty of interesting and fruitful projects. MasterPeace focuses on actively engaging people around the world in peace-building actions. MasterPeace offers a platform for a large community of Nelsons; social entrepreneurs, volunteers, bloggers, journalists, media, musicians, businesses and active citizens to connect together and support with actions. Main topics of work for Masterpeace club are music, art, dialogue and creativity.
Another direction of our organization is “Rotaract Club of Tbilisi International” founded in early 2018 and since then is actively involved in the social development. It has four main directions: Rotaract Health, Rotaract Peace, Rotaract Growth and Rotaract Green. Mainly this club focuses on charity, non-formal educational activities and awareness raising campaigns regarding the important social challenges of our community.
Let’s do it Georgia is a part of civic-led mass movement that began in Estonia in 2008 to clean up the entire country in just five hours. To date, nearly 120 countries and 20 million people have joined to clean up illegal waste and Let’s do it Georgia is an important part of it! On September 15 it’s a World Clean-up Day where people will stand up against the global trash problem and clean up waste. Within this direction we organize environment-related actions such as clean-up activities, tree planting, eco-awareness raising campaigns and in general green activities throughout the whole Georgia.
Working hours and days off:
Volunteers will be working from Monday until Friday for 6 hours per day, respectively from 11:00AM until 18:00 PM. They are no working days for the weekends (Saturday and Sunday). In addition, as the Labour Code of Georgian legislation suggests volunteers can have an allowance for holidays. If they do voluntary service for 1 year, 24 working days can be allocated as official allowance for holidays, for 9 months – 18 days, for 6 months – 12 days and for 3 – months 6 days. In addition volunteers will have allowances and days off respectively during the Georgian religious or national holidays (For instance saint George’s day 23th of November) and etc.
Alles over dit project
- Task 2 – Taking photos and videos/working with digital methods.
- Task 3 – Working on local, regional and international projects, project writing and implementation phases
- Task 4 – Creating non-formal educational curricula and deliver trainings, seminars and workshops for youth from rural areas of Georgia.
- Task 5 – Actively participating in clubs such as “Masterpeace”, “Let’s do it Georgia” and Rotaract, respectively working in the field of art, music, inter-cultural dialogue, environmental activities, social entrepreneurship, conflict resolution and human rights.
- Task 6 – Coming up with their own ideas and initiatives and implement in for local communities (mainly with target group of young leaders and youth with fewer opportunities).
- Task 7 – Attending Georgian language classes and practice Georgian language.
Dutch volunteers meeting Dutch Ambassador in Tbilisi: http://caynex.ge/en/6509-2/
- Willingness to learn Georgian
- Interested in working with youth, interested in democracy/history/politics
- Able to take own initiative
- Interested in the Caucasus area
Volunteers will live in a shared apartment in the city center near to organization’s office (5-10 minutes by local transport and 20 minutes by walk,) volunteer will have its own bedroom or will be sharing room with maximum one more person. They will use shared bathroom. In the apartment volunteers will have, refrigerator, kitchen supplies and a washing machine and all the necessary things needed for everyday life. In addition, in accommodation volunteers will have internet Wi-Fi access.
- First volunteer can be host from 1st of June 2019.
- Second volunteer can be host from 1st of September 2019.
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Tbilisi.