Plovdiv is European’s capital of culture in 2019. Now, we are looking for motivated young people from The Netherlands to contribute to hosting the largest cultural event that has ever taken place in Bulgaria. For a full year, Plovdiv will be host to hundreds of cultural events: from (street)theater, to dance, literature, art and story telling. You can be part of it. Your cost of living and all project related expenses are covered by a grant from the European Union.
Foundation Plovdiv 2019 is the organization that has prepared the bid of the city for the title European Capital of Culture and that is responsible for the successful project implementation and all supporting activities for popularization of the city and the country. Together with its partners the foundation fosters network development, sustainable initiatives and structures that contribute to raising the interest in terms of economy, tourism and culture and the placement of Plovdiv and its citizens and contemporary Bulgarian culture in the international environment.
The meeting between different cultures, communities and groups was the biggest challenge and the best drive for the city development. Therefore the motto TOGETHER – it helped Plovdiv winning the title European Capital of Culture and is essential for the successful transition to a well-known and active European center.
All for 9 to 12 months
The volunteer will work 35 hours a week maximum, five days of the week and has 2 days off each week. The volunteer will have 2 days extra holidays per month. Holidays will be taken in agreement with the host organization.
Training during the project
For the volunteer we have agreed secured private lessons with a teacher specialized to teach foreign language to foreigners in Bulgaria. The volunteers will have lessons 2 times weekly during the first 7 weeks of the EVS project. The project requires basic understanding and speaking of the Bulgarian language and it is advisable the lessons to volunteers to start before arrival (Skype lessons)
*The frequency of the lessons could be adapted to the needs of the volunteer
Alles over dit project
2. Track and help influence the international dimension of our marketing and artistic activities – making reports of the international coverage of our activities and give ideas how to improve /if needed/ the said coverage, awareness, and opinion.
3. Playing a vital role in creating the marketing and advertising campaigns of the foundation – especially the international ones
4. Helping with the e-volunteer coordination – the foundation is planning to emphasize on attracting more of a web team of volunteers that will be helping with the foundation’s online activities and image – design, social media, link building, influencer marketing, photography, etc.
5. Uploading English content to the foundation’s website – Torben will be helping with the uploading and editing of content /photos, locations, news, events, documents, etc.
6. Help with the creation of the overall marketing strategy about the Deutsche Telekom exhibition – social media posting plan, online publications and advertising, planned coverage.
7. Coordinating the advertising materials and outside advertising of the foundation – helping with the ordering and tracking of said materials and advertising 8. Social Media Marketing – writing copy for publications, taking care of the foundation’s accounts in Google+ and Pinterest, advertising in Google AdWords, etc.
9. Help with the translation of the foundation’s content.
10. Helping with more aspect of digital marketing – email marketing, influencer marketing, SEO and so on.
11. Helping with distribution of the foundation’s advertising materials.
12. Participates in the development and implementation of the marketing strategy of the Foundation and the ECOC project and offers the means for its implementation;
13. Participates in the preparation and realization of the Foundation's marketing campaigns and analysis of their results.
14. Participating in the optimization and implementation of the Foundation's overall marketing and advertising-related activities, including social networks and alternative communication channels.
15. Carries out analyzes of the needs of advertising materials and gives information on the need to develop and disseminate new ones;
16. Supports the activities of the Foundation's presentation at fairs, exhibitions and other similar forums;
17. Participates in regular analyzes of the positioning of the Foundation and the ECOC project;
18. Participates in the preparation and implementation of fundraising campaigns, helps identify the potential supporters of the Foundation.
19. Performs information and expert activities under the supervision of its directors from the artistic team for the preparation and implementation of the artistic program of the city of Plovdiv for the project European Capital of Culture 2019.
20. Prepares projects, analyzes, reports and other developments related to the artistic and programming activities of the Foundation.
21. Participates in coordinating and supporting the work of external experts and partners involved in organizing, developing and / or implementing projects of the artistic program.
22. Supports the information provision of the Foundation's activities in order to expand the opportunities for cooperation with other organizations at local and international level.
23. Collects, summarizes and analyzes information on good cultural practices and good practices from other European Capitals of Culture.
24. Support organizational and expert activities to ensure the sustainability of the artistic program and engage citizens in cultural activities
25. Support for the activities and projects organized by Association NEOTON Bulgaria, summer art camp and administrative tasks within the NGO.
- willingness to learn Bulgarian
- interested in working with youth, interested in democracy/history/politics
- able to take own initiative
- interested in Eastern Europe
There are 3 possibilities for accommodation. In September/October 2018 the selected volunteers will be informed about the type of their accommodation and all the requested details related to it.
(A) Private room in a shared flat (B) Shared room for 2 people in a building for students (C) All volunteers to share one flat
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Bulgarije.