Eastpackers is looking for two volunteers who want to spend 6,10 or 12 months in the beautiful coastal town of Ferrol in Spain.
Xeración is a non-profit organization established in 2013 with the aim to promote culture, arts, mobility and participation. Since then we develop project to promote a new youth culture: more European, tolerant and inclusive. Thus we organize regular workshops, presentations, courses, and exchanges.
We are looking for active European volunteers to give us a hand organising linguistic tandems, talks in high schools, cultural activities, concerts and all the international projects Xeración is developing. We can offer you a full immersion in the Galician culture while you improve in a practical way linguistic, cultural and project management skills that will help you to integrate into the labour market at the end of the project.
Working hours and days off:
The coordinator will develop together with the participant a customized working plan with weekly monitoring meetings. The general working hours in the office are from 10-14.00, afternoon activities are happening in different schedules depending of the day and type of the workshop. Saturday and Sunday are non working days. Additionally volunteer will count with 2 free days per month.
TWO NEW ADDITIONAL PROJECTS (updated 03/05/2019)
Dates: From 15/11
Description: In this position volunteer will learn different techniques of video recording. You will be able to edit videos professionally in Adobe Premiere and After Effects. You will perform interviews, reports, promotions and videoblog. You will discover the fundamentals of graphic design as well as different tools (Indesign, Canva) with which you will develop promotional material to publicize the various initiatives of the organisation.
Description: Volunteer will assist in the initiative developed in 2018 by Xeración called Casa Creativa (casacreativa.org) a combination of young art gallery, participatory atelier and artistic residence. Thus you will have the opportunity to discover / train / share various artistic techniques (visual, visual or scenic). Additionally you will develop key skills related to public relations, content curation and event promotion
The volunteer will receive an online learning language platform access. As well will receive grammar and conversation lessons twice a week.
The volunteers will live in the center of the city in a walking distance to all points of interest. We provide as well a city bike card to use free of charge.
Alles over dit project
1. Non-profit management: - acquiring the knowledge and experience in order to be able to start and manage a non-profit organisation; - learning community management skills and keeping updated organization website, as well as our social profiles; - helping contacting foreign partners and negotiate agreements with them - recruiting and preparing volunteers and participants for local and international activities - organise events to dynamise our youth center in Ferrol
2. Non-formal education: - helping to organise training courses, workshops and other local activities; - helping to organize and coordinate linguistic tandems - managing the public speaking workshops in English (Speak Factor) - promoting the values of the association (cooperation and solidarity, social justice, human dignity, sustainable development, democracy, tolerance…) amongst the population in the region by creating campaigns, activities and other events;
3. Promotion of Erasmus+ and other European programs: - promoting EVS and other actions of the Erasmus+ program in order to encourage Spanish youth to take part in the program; - organizing and implementing interactive workshops to promote international mobility programmes in schools and University
4. Media creation - creating audio-visual material for the organisation, photographs, videos, time-lapse, stop-motions or any others; - organise, promote and facilitate the forum cinema events every week - creation of a video blog with weekly updates sharing the experience of a foreigner living in Ferrol - support in the design, filming and edition of short videos related with the objectives of the organization (ecology, inclusion, mobility…)
- Willingness to learn Spanish
- Interested in working with youth, interested in democracy/politics/culture
- Able to take own initiative
- Interested in Spanish culture
Starting date EVS: July 2019
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Spanje.