Eastpackers is looking for volunteers who would like to go to the edge of Europe. Because we have an opportunity in the ancient country of Armenia, just under the beautiful caucuses mountains.
The Volunteering Program at the Armenian Progressive Youth NGO is meant to engage youngsters in the management of the organization and in the community life of Yerevan. The Volunteers donate their professional skills and services as well as benefit from the resources of the organization for their professional and personal growth. The Volunteers might be engaged in the activities of the PR and Communications Department due to their skills and experiences. Below you may find a short description on the activities of the PR and Communications Department as well as its working groups. PR and Communications Department: PR is vital for the success of not-profit organizations. APY is not an exception. Doing good job is not enough if you are unable to present it properly. Likewise, this is what the PR and Communications Department is responsible for. The Volunteers in this department work for APY visibility, managing the social media channels of the organization, organizing public presentations, meetings with students, promotional campaigns and events. This group deals with APY visual identity, improves APY’s presence on the net and supports the organization with designing its materials, publications and logos. The Department presents APY to the outer world and makes sure that APY’s followers, target groups, beneficiaries and supporters are up to date about its activities.
The PR and Communications Department includes six working groups entitled as following:
- Content Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Information Technologies
The volunteers are free to choose one (or even more) of the above-mentioned working groups due to their interests, experiences, qualifications and skills. No volunteer needs to be master in any of the above-presented domains. The only and most important requirement is to be motivated and inspired to help, devote and support, by also aiming at growing as a person and as a professional.
Working hours and days off:
The volunteers are expected to devote 30 hours of their time weekly (6 hours a day) in order to implement their tasks and responsibilities. Weekends are off days for the volunteers and no activities are planned for that days. Due to the projects’ particular schedules, the working hours for the volunteers might be changed. However, this will be communicated to the volunteers beforehand.
The volunteers will receive 10 euros (approximately 5000 AMD) for the transportation inside Yerevan. All means of the public transportation in Yerevan (except the taxis) cost a 100 AMD for a one-way transit.
The volunteers will be provided with Armenian language lessons during their volunteering period. They will have 3 Armenian language lessons weekly for a one-hour duration. The lessons are organized by our local volunteers specialized in linguistics and social sciences. In addition, the volunteers might get English language support in case they need or ask for it.
Alles over dit project
“Content Development” Working Group:
- Writing content for website pages and social media as well as scripts for presentations and videos;
- Writing marketing communications materials and planning content and writing for publications such as product brochures, leaflets, annual reports, newsletters and e-magazines;
- Develop strategic content goals in order to reach and win the target group’s attention;
- Analyse key performance indicators to determine content effectiveness․
“Social Media Marketing” Working Group:
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Commissioning surveys and contacting beneficiaries, volunteers and members of the organization to discuss their views and collect testimonies;
- Reviewing the online accounts and social media channels of the organization and preparing monthly reports to be submitted to the Head of PR and Communications Department.
“Graphic Design” Working Group:
- Gathering information, updating the website and designing the logos,visuals and promotional materials of the organization;
- Designing visual content for informational packages and presentations for infor meetings and public presentations.
“Information Technologies” Working Group:
- Maintenance e of the organization’s official website;
- Publishing articles on the website;
- Reviewing and developing the website’s accessibility and comfortableness for its users.
“Photography” Working Group:
- Photographing the daily events and activities of the organization and its members;
- Editing the pictures taken by the local volunteer photographers;
- Initiating and implementing different photo stories to promote the ideas that organization cares about (i.e. human rights, active citizenship, etc.).
“Videography” Working Group:
- Taking videos during the events and activities of the organization;
- Making short documentaries compressing the activities of the sessions, forums, trainings and other event organized by APY.
- Willingness to learn Armenian
- Interested in working with youngsters.
- interested in culture/environment
- like to be creative
- Able to take own initiative
- Interested in Caucuses culture
The volunteers will receive 70 euros as food allowance that is approximately 37, 000 AMD converting to Armenian drams (the currency in Armenia). At the same time, the volunteers will receive another 70 euros as pocket money for their extra expenses. In addition, they will receive 10 euros for the internal transportation. In total each volunteer will receive 150 (approximately 80, 000 AMD) euros for food, transportation and other expenses.
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Armenië.