This is an open call for volunteer from The Netherlands to come to Romania in the beautiful and historical place of Cluj-Napoca!
Since its founding in 2004, Cluj-Napoca Volunteer Center (CVCN) followed its mission that is to develop volunteering as a means of involving citizens in solving out the problems of the Cluj-Napoca community. Also, it has focused on hosting international volunteers and sending Romanian volunteers to do volunteering stages in organizations throughout Europe.
Having this experience we initiated in 2018 the project `EVS Seeds` in order to support and encourage other public institutions and NGO`s in Cluj-Napoca to develop through working with international volunteers.
In the first year of this project we hosted 8+ volunteers and in the second year we already host 10 volunteers. They have activities in different organizations, providing them with the experience of working together with international volunteers and inspiring them to implement their own international volunteering projects. On the other hand, for the volunteers, we prepared an enriching context, by selecting various organizations in Cluj-Napoca`s community, where they can develop both personally and professionally on very varied levels.
In this dynamic and multicultural context, your role is to consolidate this network and to spread the seeds of volunteering in Social Media and at public events.
Building Solidarity it’s a project initiated through the partnership with Green School Association and Cluj-Napoca Volunteer Center. We are looking for international volunteers, we already have 2 from Romania and others 3 international volunteers. They will have various activities, where they can develop both personally and professionally on varying levels, starting the soonest as possible, until the 30th of June 2020. The topics of the project are the following ones: interested in Human Rights, Global Education, Education for Sustainable Development and Peace Education.
The volunteer is working 6 hours per day, 5 days per week. The maximum amount of working hours is 35 per week, anything above will be counted as extra hours. All the national holidays are free and they have the right to take 2 free days per month (from the week days).
The local transport costs related to the volunteering activities will be covered. The international travel expenses will be covered according to the standards of the programme.
Alles over dit project
- Task 1 As the name itself says it, the stage „Seeds of Light” is about putting in the light the impact created within organisations by the international volunteers. After almost one year and a half of volunteering activities within the project „EVS Seeds”, it is time to promote effectively the impact generated.
- Task 2 online promotion should be done via Social Media: the volunteer will update the blog of the project, make videos and take photos of activities of their colleagues, record interviews with the volunteers and coordinators, edit all these materials in order to create content for Facebook, Instagram and blog.
- Task 3 offline promotion should be done via events open to public: exhibitions, workshops, presentations etc.
- Task 1 contribute to children's lessons: health, wellbeing, human rights, European values; about how to live a healthy life;
- Task 2 facilitate nature-based activities for children and youth
- Task 3 planning and implementing at least 4 educational projects that are related with solidarity. The main themes Green School are working with are Human Rights, Global Education, Education for Sustainable Development and Peace Education.
- Task 4 take care of the school garden and teach children to contribute and to grow different plants and vegetables;
- Task 5 teach the kids to take care of animals
- willingness to learn Romanian
- interested in Romanian culture/history
- able to take own initiative
- interested in Eastern Europe
The accommodation will be arranged by CVCN, the coordinating organization. Two volunteers will share a room in a rented flat, in a central area of Cluj-Napoca. All the expenses related to the accommodation will be covered through the project.