Eastpackers is looking for volunteers who love to teach and want to experience Balkan culture!
The main goal of the project is improving the knowledge of voluntaries and children in schools about environmental problems and how to deal with them. They will learn about the problems in nature, how humans destroy and pollutes the nature and how less and less natural resources remain in the world. They will develop their creativity and ability to create new things of already used materials. This ESC will also help the volunteers to raise awareness among young people about how important it is to preserve the nature and to ensure that the waste is going to reach the right place. The main objectives of the project are:
– Increasing the level of knowledge and environmental problems for 600 children during 6 months
– Developing creativity competences for 3 volunteers through the activities of up cycling
– Empowering youth to use the skills and competences gained through these activities in order to implement various ecological and environmental projects in their communities, in order to solve ecological problems
– To raise awareness about environment trough outdoor activities
– To experience being in position of volunteers and raise awareness on personal, social and
professional development during ESC activity
– To raise awareness on key competences and develop different methods for using them in practice within ESC projects
Working hours and days off:
Volunteer will for 6 hours per day Monday to Friday and weekends off. Also each volunteer will get 2 days per month off extra of weekends.
The volunteer will be provided with private lessons in Macedonian language once a week from the first month
of the project till the end. The lessons will be interactive and amusing with non-formal methods.
Alles over dit project
Organize at least 2 workshops on professional development topic
Organizing language lessons for volunteers
Organize clean up actions
Organize at least 2 ESC Coffee gatherings in town
Organize intercultural night
Organize your own local activity/workshop/event
Writing article after every workshop/event for the web site including
Make a video including all your activities during your ESC project and present it 1 week before end date
Video international Outdoor Festival Demir Kapija 2019
- Willingness to learn Macedonian
- Interested in working with children.
- interested in culture/environment/teaching
- Able to take own initiative
- Interested in Balkan culture
The volunteer will receive 90 Euros as food allowance each month, directly from the hosting organization.
The accommodation is in a ESC house that we are renting for 5 years until now. The house is having 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 living room and 1 kitchen equip with everything needed. The house has also small garden. Its located in the city centre, 5 min walking from the main pedestrian street and 10 min walking to our office. Market on 3 min, pharmacy 2 min, restaurants and bars on 5 min.
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Noord Macedonië.