Eastpackers is looking for volunteers who would like to work in the social field in the capitol of creative people Berlin, Germany.
Ijgd is one of the biggest and oldest organisations for volunteering in Germany. It has over 4.000 volunteers each year. Ijgd Berlin is the coordinating organisation of the project called “European Solidarity. ESC with ijgd in social projects in Berlin”. We cooperate with about 15 ESC hosting projects in Berlin in the social field including mainly kindergartens and schools. As you can imagine it will a bit hard to describe 15 organizations so we just do two to give you an impression. If you are interested in social works and want to experience life in Berlin then you are at the right place at iigd. You are more then welcome to have a zoom/Skype chat with iigd to see which project best suits for you.
- The organisation Nestwärme (formally known as „Nestwäre, Verein zur Betreuung und Beratung von AIDS-betroffenen Familien, Kindern und Jugendlichen e.V“) was founded in 1997. The fundamental aim of its foundation was to integrate families and children affected by AIDS into wider society.
Since 1997, the organization has been able to both extend its reach within the community and to develop its available services. Thanks to valuable experience gained from working with people affected by AIDs, sensitivity towards disadvantaged social groups has been improved. For this reason, the organization also turns its attention towards other disadvantaged families, children and young people too. We are looking for Dutch volunteers who like to volunteer in a kindergarten in Kreuzberg and support our team, work, live, play, have fun, care for children from 1-6 years! Learn German, learn about German culture in diversity in an inclusion-kindergarten.
- The SOS-Kinderdorf in Berlin-Moabit as a day care for children (6-12 years) offers a package of services designed and oriented to accommodate the special needs of the neighborhood. These services are based partly from the established long-term experience and qualification of the SOS-Kinderdorf e.V. which offers new, innovative opportunities for clients to meet their need for childcare and help in other related fields. Our target groups are the multicultural inhabitants of the given social space, especially families with children.
The volunteer will receive a public transport ticket in Berlin. The international travel expenses will be covered according to the standards of the programme.
Volunteers will attend an online language course by the EU (OLS). We also provide/fund one parttime-language course for several weeks to get into the German language at your level in a language school.
Working hours and days off
Worktime in the project is 30-35 hours a week. Holidays are 24 days per year plus state holidays and weekends. Holidays should generally be taken during the closing times of the projects (Christmas/Summer).
Alles over dit project
• Participating actively in staff initiated activities such as drawing, crafts, reading from a book, morning circle and singing, active games and playing.
• Child care: assist/learn to help, support, comfort kids, explain rules, patience, mediate, bring to nap, change clothes, etc.
• Participating in the preparation of meals/snacks and guiding kids during meals, assistance in tidying up the playroom, kitchen. • Preparing and participating in field trips and festivities.
• The volunteer is supporting the staff of the day care centre with different activities that can be done either in small groups, outside or inside, e.g.:
• Helping children with their homework
• Language assistance
• Different sport activities
• Music and dance
- Willingness to learn German
- Interested in working with youth, children
- Able to take own initiative
- Interested in an urban experience
Accommodation The volunteers live in flats with 1-4 other ESC-flatmates, one room each, with a shared kitchen and bathroom. The flat is given to the volunteer by ijgd. The responsible and caring use of our lovely flats is essential for the whole project “ESC with ijgd in Berlin”. The flats are in Kreuzberg/Neukölln, normal students’ flats standard.
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Georgië.