This is an open call for volunteer from The Netherlands for a period of 11 months (01.10.2018- 31.08.2019) and throughout the programs to promote inclusion and civic engagement by
empowering children and youth, including those with fewer opportunities to become Change Agents, supporting diversity, tolerance, initiative, critical thinking, equality, initiative to create a society build on the principles of democracy and respect for human rights.
– inclusive programs for children and young people with fewer opportunities in Baia Mare, Cavnic,
foster care homes, Hungarian school, roma community
– own workshops
– leadership and civic engagement education, human rights, No Hate Speech
– YMCA Youth Parliament program on civic engagement through #UTURN Baia Mare-Youth Capital
of Romania 2018-2019 and an increased youth participation in the civic and democratic life or
Europe in the context of European Parliament elections in 2019.
– Romanian language course
– media and ITC workshops
– involvement in all the YMCA programs and projects
– meetings with youth from other NGOs, activities in youth centre
-#UTurn – National Youth Capital projects 2018-2019
– 2019 summer camps involvement
A working week consists of 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday between different hours as in schedule. Weekends are days off. If some events/activities take place during the weekend, volunteers will get days off during the week. Besides, the volunteers will receive two days of holiday per month. Volunteers are supposed to announce his or her vacation plans with their coordinator at least 2 weeks before.
Training during the project
Volunteers will attend Romanian language lessons weekly. Also they will get support from their
coordinator, staff, volunteers and mentor.
Alles over deze reis
- creating and implementing own workshops
- leading leadership and civic engagement education, human rights, No Hate Speech
- coordinating YMCA Youth Parliament program on civic engagement through #UTURN Baia Mare- Youth Capital of Romania 2018-2019 and an increased youth participation in the civic and democratic life or Europe in the context of European Parliament elections in 2019.
- attending Romanian language course
- creating media and ITC workshops
- involvement in all the YMCA programs and projects
- meetings with youth from other NGOs, activities in youth centre
-active ivolvement in community projects because our city is the #UTurn – National Youth Capital projects 2018-2019
- 2019 summer camps involvement as counsellor or progam coordinator or instructor
- willingness to learn Romenian
- interested in working with youth, interested in democracy/history/politics
- able to take own initiative
- interested in Eastern Europe
Volunteers will be accommodated in one house/apartment with shared rooms (2 persons per room), kitchen, bathroom. The house/apartment will be equipped with all necessary utilities for living. Volunteers are responsible of keeping the apartment and rooms clean. Internet will be provided in the house and in the office.
Deadline 15th July 2018