Become a volunteer in the Ancient city of Vinnytsia, the pearl hidden among the golden wheat and sunflower fields! Vinnytsia is one of the most beautiful and cultivated cities of Podolia. The secret to its charm lies in the combination of luxurious nature, historical monuments, and unique local character and hospitality of the locals.
Spread over picturesque banks of Southern Bug, Vinnytsia began its existence in 1362. The main charm of Vinnytsia lies in its architecture. The best way to admire its elegant cathedrals and houses is to take a leisurely walk around the city center, taking advantage of the city’s coziness. In 2011, Vinnytsia acquired a landmark, the light and music fountain, which is the biggest in Europe. Now, every evening, the locals and guests have a chance to watch a wonderful show of water and light!
The YouthInsight project
The YouthInsight project has three main aims:
1) Training of skills like ICT, media literacy, team-work, project and event management, sense of initiative, and empowerment of youth in the audio-visual sphere;
2) Disseminating ideas of audio-visual materials on a larger scale and promotion of amateur media production, self-expression of youth through the created outputs;
3) Build-up of intercultural dialogue.
The products of the project process are predominantly videos that are disseminated in electronic networks while the regular off-line presentations are also held in the project venue carried out by the participants. The organizers bring forward their works, incite discussions around their subjects and involve other organizations and people into the project's performance. As well the ‘Youthinsight’ project promotes live performances and interactive events as effective and creative means of channeling the information. The ‘Youthinsight’; team experiments with off-line media events and one of the brightest components of the project is the ‘Youthinsight festival of amateur video production’
The parallel activity for the EVS volunteers is leading of the cultural and linguistic clubs for the local citizens. He clubs are held in public youth centers and visited by curious teenagers and students mostly. EVS volunteers are cordially asked to join other activities of the hosting organization and its partners.
About 32-36 hours per week during the active phase of the project with a changing load. Working schedule is flexible and depends on the on-going objectives rather than on the hours spent. Holidays: two consecutive days off per week and 2 days of holidays per month for the duration of the project. As well all national holidays of Ukraine are added to the above mentioned holidays.
Training during the project
The volunteer will be provided by the personal language tutoring once or twice per week for half year period. As well it will be possible for the volunteer to attend Ukrainian clubs for foreigners organized by the hosting organization once per week. As well there will be a chance to organize the language tandems: exchange of Dutch language teaching for a local one – Ukrainian or Russian. In her/his activities the volunteer will be assisted by the spoken and written translations from the side of the support personnel.
Two ways trip for the project and from it will be covered for a volunteer. The volunteer will receive a local monthly transportation subsidy. All out of the city professional trips for the volunteer will be reimbursed.
More on the project following these links:
Alles over dit project
2) The volunteer will be a part of the group organizing audio-visual live presentations. The tasks here include: arranging the event, inviting visitors, follow-up of the event;
3) The volunteer will be a part of the group organizing theatrical performances with social value. The tasks here include: staging, playing, logistics of the performance, exploitation of the results of the performances;
4) The volunteer will be conducting Dutch cultural clubs on the basis of the local public library. The tasks here include: leading the club, preparing the material, moderating the German speaking community of visitors of the public library;
5) The volunteer will be assisting in carrying out the presentations promoting youth and peaceful mobility, the Erasmus Plus programme in particular.
- willingness to learn Ukrainian
- interested in working with people
- able to take own initiative
- interested in Eastern Europe
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Oekraïne.