Eastpackers is looking for two volunteers who want to spend 6,10 or 12 months in the beautiful coastal town of Ferrol in Spain.
Xeración is a non-profit organization established in 2013 with the aim to promote culture, arts, mobility and participation. Since then we develop project to promote a new youth culture: more European, tolerant and inclusive. Thus we organize regular workshops, presentations, courses, and exchanges.
We are looking for active European volunteers to give us a hand organising linguistic tandems, talks in high schools, cultural activities, concerts and all the international projects Xeración is developing. We can offer you a full immersion in the Galician culture while you improve in a practical way linguistic, cultural and project management skills that will help you to integrate into the labour market at the end of the project.
Working hours and days off:
The coordinator will develop together with the participant a customized working plan with weekly monitoring meetings. The general working hours in the office are from 10-14.00, afternoon activities are happening in different schedules depending of the day and type of the workshop. Saturday and Sunday are non working days. Additionally volunteer will count with 2 free days per month.
The volunteer will receive an online learning language platform access. As well will receive grammar and conversation lessons twice a week.
The volunteers will live in the center of the city in a walking distance to all points of interest. We provide as well a city bike card to use free of charge.
Alles over dit project
1. Non-profit management: - acquiring the knowledge and experience in order to be able to start and manage a non-profit organisation; - learning community management skills and keeping updated organization website, as well as our social profiles; - helping contacting foreign partners and negotiate agreements with them - recruiting and preparing volunteers and participants for local and international activities - organise events to dynamise our youth center in Ferrol
2. Non-formal education: - helping to organise training courses, workshops and other local activities; - helping to organize and coordinate linguistic tandems - managing the public speaking workshops in English (Speak Factor) - promoting the values of the association (cooperation and solidarity, social justice, human dignity, sustainable development, democracy, tolerance…) amongst the population in the region by creating campaigns, activities and other events;
3. Promotion of Erasmus+ and other European programs: - promoting EVS and other actions of the Erasmus+ program in order to encourage Spanish youth to take part in the program; - organizing and implementing interactive workshops to promote international mobility programmes in schools and University
4. Media creation - creating audio-visual material for the organisation, photographs, videos, time-lapse, stop-motions or any others; - organise, promote and facilitate the forum cinema events every week - creation of a video blog with weekly updates sharing the experience of a foreigner living in Ferrol - support in the design, filming and edition of short videos related with the objectives of the organization (ecology, inclusion, mobility…)
- Willingness to learn Spanish
- Interested in working with youth, interested in democracy/politics/culture
- Able to take own initiative
- Interested in Spanish culture
Starting date EVS: July 2019
Waarom kiezen voor Eastpackers?
Er zijn wel een aantal voorwaarden verbonden aan deelname aan dit project. Je moet tussen de 18 en 30 jaar oud zijn, minimaal 6 en liefst 9 maanden beschikbaar zijn (voor andere projecten is dit soms anders) en gemotiveerd zijn om full-time vrijwilligerswerk te doen in Spanje.